I was an exhibitor / volunteer this year at the San Diego Comic-Con, helping to run the booth and trivia for The San Diego Fan Force. When my “shift” ended on Thursday July 3, my friend and I went to get lunch at the gaslamp. We decided to check out the Hard Rock and see what they had going on.
I saw a large crowd gathering upstairs near the XBox lounge. we went upstairs and saw the crowd of people gathered around Morgan Spurlock (best known for Super Size Me and 30 Days), who was being interviewed live for some TV special about his soon-to-be-released Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan’s Hope DVD documentary.
I picked up the hardcover version of his tie-in book at last years comic-con and had it autographed by several comic book and entertainment celebrities, but didn’t have the chance to meet Morgan.
I waited until he was done with the interview, then asked him for a quick autograph on my Comic-Con: 40 Years of Artists, Fans, and Friends book, which I had with me for these kind of occasions. He was in a hurry for another event, but said “sure” and quickly autographed my book, and a handful of things for other people. Then he was out of the door.
Awards and Nominations:
• Winner: 2004 Edinburgh International Film Festival. New Director’s Award for Supersize Me
• Winner: 2004 Full Frame Documentary Film Festival. MTV News Docs Prize for Supersize Me
• Nominated: 2004 International Documentary Association Pare Lorentz Award for Supersize Me
• Winner: 2004 Sundance Film Festival. Directing Award. Documentary for Supersize Me
• Nominated: 2004 Sundance Film Festival. Grand Jury Prize. Documentary for Supersize Me
• Nominated: 2005 Academy Awards. Best Documentary. Features for Supersize Me
• Winner: 2005 Writers Guild of America Documentary Screenplay Award for Supersize Me
• Nominated: 2006 PGA Awards. Television Producer of the Year Award in Non-Fiction Television for 30 Days
• Winner: 2008 Melbourne International Film Festival. Most Popular Documentary for Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden?
• Nominated: 2010 Primetime Emmy Awards. Outstanding Nonfiction Special for The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special: In 3-D! On Ice!
• Winner: 2011 Ashland Independent Film Festival. Rogue Award.
• Winner: 2011 ShoWest Convention USA. ShoWest Award for Documentary Filmmaker of the Year
• Nominated: 2012 Warsaw International Film Festival. Best Documentary for Mansome
Blog #143Share Tweet